Lei Xu (徐 磊)
I've been a PhD student in EECS at MIT since 2017. I'm working with Dr. Kalyan Veeramachaneni in the Data to AI Lab at LIDS. My current research interests lie in robustness in natural language processing, in particular adversarial attack and defence of pretrained language models. During the past few years, I worked on several interesting topics including synthetic data generation, generative adversarial networks, sequence-to-sequence text summarization, word embeddings and deep reinforcement learning. I received my Master's degree along the way to PhD from MIT in February 2020. Before I came to MIT, I worked with Zhiyuan Liu(THU) and J. Zico Kolter(CMU) during my undergrad. I got a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University in June 2017.
- 1 paper accepted to Findings of NAACL-HLT 2022
- Google: Software Engineer Intern (2020/05~2020/08, New York City, WFH due to COVID-19)
- Google: Software Engineer (Research) Intern (2019/05~2019/08, Mountain View)
- Shannon.AI: Software Engineer Intern (2018/05~2018/08, Beijing)
- Reviewer: ICML-2020 (top 33% ranking reviewer), NeurIPS-2020, ICLR-2021, ICML-2021, NeurIPS-2021, AAAI-2022
- The synthetic data (CTGAN) project is covered by MIT NEWS! The real promise of synthetic data